Overheard in the Detroit Pistons Locker Room
I am working on some articles about the Detroit Pistons for the NBA Finals program (if the Pistons make it, the articles will be used. If Miami beats Detroit, no one will ever read these...), so I went to the Pistons-Sixers game in Philadelphia to do some research.
As I was milling around in the Detroit locker room, waiting for guard Richard Hamilton to return from the showers so I could ask him about mid-range jumpers, I overheard the American veteran Elden Campbell chatting with second-year Serbian import Darko Milicic. Campbell was asking Milicic, whose English is passable at best, where he was going for dinner after the game.
"Friday's?" he asked. "You like Friday's? There's a Friday's right across the street from the hotel..."
Milicic mumbled something I couldn't hear.
"Cheese cake? You want to try Philadelphia cheese cake?" barked Campbell. "No, man, you're talking about the sandwich with the meat, right?"
Milicic nodded.
"That, my friend, is Philadelphia cheese steak."

2 Comments:
great blog on ticketmaster by phone ticketmaster by phone
Great murphys law information. Check my site if you get a chance as well murphys law
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home