Saturday, April 23, 2005

Albom Fallout

A while ago Weasel and I had a fabulous comments back-and-forth about Detroit Free Press superstar columnist Mitch Albom, who was caught with his truth down in a recent article. One of the 10,000 points I made in the comments was that this would hurt his reputation.

Case in point: go here and scroll down to the last entry on the page. His name has become a synonym for pure BS from the leading sports publication in the nation (and Albom's sometimes employer).

Mitch Albom is not enjoying that, I promise.

3 Comments:

At 11:37 AM , Blogger Wisdom Weasel said...

Ooh! I bet Albom is in the process of fleeing the country after that vicious slapping! Fleeing the country with the scads of cash he has made, and continues to make from the Detroit Free Press in whose pages he published lies.
A brief reference on SI's NFL draft blog is hardly a stint in the stocks, is it?

 
At 12:08 PM , Blogger henryabbott said...

Whoa, Weasel, take it easy! My sarcasm-o-meter is a starting to whine, spark, and smoke and I can't afford a new one at the moment.

Of course you're right, a brief reference on the NFL's draft blog don't mean diddly.

But imagine the people you work with every day. Imagine them laughing loudly together, in public before thousands, about your being a liar.

Imagine nothing stopping all of your colleague's following suit.

I think that's something you'd regret on your deathbed.

 
At 12:18 PM , Blogger Wisdom Weasel said...

I have sadly experienced that horror and shame, and at that moment I swore to myself that I would never publically flourish my copy of "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" again. The mockery it induces is too shaming.
Any further news on Ticketmaster?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home