Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Huffington Post

There's sort of a snooty new celebrity-laden blog over at www.huffingtonpost.com and I can't find too much to fall in love with over there. (For one thing, I have never been a Harry Shearer fan. I always feel like he could use an aggressive editor.)

It has only been up a few days. I'm sure there will eventually be plenty of good stuff there. But in the meantime, my favorite thing is from someone I'd never heard of, former SNL writer Adam McKay. Way back during the Dean campaign, I was advocating that democrats should sponsor Nascar racecars. McKay reports on the same idea:

These are working class people, most of whom have relatives in the military. If anyone on the planet should care about the DNC it's these people who are being ripped off on their taxes, poisoned by reduced EPA standards, deprived of good public education, and sent to fight wars based on lies. Why not just put an ad on a car and take the huge boos it would garner in the gut. Like a real political party.

3 Comments:

At 9:44 AM , Blogger Wisdom Weasel said...

We'd still get it wrong. "Drivin' the #27 DNC Prius, America's Sweetheart, Paula Poundstone!"

 
At 10:08 AM , Blogger henryabbott said...

I don't know if you clicked on the link, but he imagines the NASCAR crowd discovering liberals in their midst, beheading them, and tossing around their heads like beach balls at concerts. In this scenario Paula, I'm sure, would be first.

 
At 5:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Get rid of spyware wallpaper X-large adult toys smartmoving moving delivery services collapsible cardboard freezer food boxes Allegra ortho home defense max cellulite cream

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home