Thursday, April 07, 2005

Mitch Hedberg Died

Who the hell was he? I didn't know either. This morning a friend faxed me a bunch of jokes. One went like this:

"I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario where I would need to prove that I bought a doughnut... To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't buy a doughnut... I've got the documentation right here... "

I thought the whole thing was pretty hilarious. I did a little search (actually, for the phrase "doughnut, end of transaction") which revealed millions of websites of his jokes, and the terrible news that the guy who wrote them all was called Mitch Hedberg and he died on Friday! There's a nice little write up from a college magazine about him here.


4 Comments:

At 5:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to thebigball blogger for putting us onto this guy and his humor. And thanks for thebigball. It's a bright spot in my day, and I'm always a little disappointed when thebigball blogger is apparently too busy for blogging!

 
At 5:11 PM , Blogger henryabbott said...

Hi Martie!

Here's another good joke of his: "This shirt is dry clean only, which means it's... dirty."

 
At 12:37 PM , Blogger Wisdom Weasel said...

Knock Knock.
Who's there?
Not Mitch Hedberg anymore.

 
At 6:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Henry, NPR had a great piece on Mitch Hedberg, including the doughnut story, which I thought was absolutely hilarious. It is odd that neither you nor I had ever heard of him. This really isn't meant to be anonymous but I can't find my password! (Now, there is a topic!) Ma

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home