The Boss
You know how in the 1960s popular music is said to have played a leading role in major cultural changes? It's a little hard for me to imagine that happening today. By and large, our music just seems so flimsy and meaningless. I mean, if Destiny's Child set out to destroy George W. Bush, how far do you think they'd get? (Would he even know?) Most of our top-selling musicians are, sadly, just not all that credible as cultural critics. They're hit-makers.
But holy cow--have you heard the new Bruce Springsteen album Devils & Dust? It plays pretty hard on God and fear and how bullying Iraqis is hard on our souls. And Mister "Born in the USA" might actually be the kind of guy politicians should pay a little attention to.
You have to hear the song to get the feel of its power. But just to give you a sample:
I've got my finger on the trigger
Tonight faith just ain't enough
And I look inside my heart
There's just devils and dust
But I've got God on my side
And I'm just trying to survive
But if what you do to survive
Kills the things you love
Fear is a dangerous thing
It'll turn your heart black you can trust
It'll take your God-filled soul
Fill it with devils and dust

21 Comments:
your Blog Site and it is related to the keyword SLOT CAR just like my
El diablo está suelto en los blogs. Pero creo que lo encontramos
más frecuentemente entre bloggers de habla inglesa que en los blogs
en castellano, si sólo porque los blogs en español están muy
mal catalogados por gogle.
Roberto Iza Valdes
Hi Blogger, it’s late in the evening, quiet and peaceful. This is good computer time for me. I thought I would check on Be Your Own Boss and see what came up. The Boss is something that is interesting to many people. I will also spend a little time checking on Be Your Own Boss. Getting late, have a good evening.
Hi Blogger, I am cruising the blogs looking for any information on Increase Cash Flow and landed here. Although The Boss is interesting and got my attention, I will add this knowledge to my storehouse of information. I never know where Increase Cash Flow will take me. Have a great day!
Hi Blogger, I am enjoying some idle time and looking to see what People Helping People will bring up. The Boss is certainly interesting and informative. People Helping People is a good word to bring into the conversation. Great post. Enjoy your day!
Hi Blogger, taking a little time today to see what Relax At Home will send me to that is interesting. The Boss looks interesting and is a great read. Will also try Relax At Home in my e-travels. Have a super day!
Hi Blogger, I am cruising the blogs looking for any information on Relax At Home and landed here. Although The Boss is interesting and got my attention, I will add this knowledge to my storehouse of information. I never know where Relax At Home will take me. Have a great day!
Hi Blogger, it’s late in the evening, quiet and peaceful. This is good computer time for me. I thought I would check on Relax At Home and see what came up. The Boss is something that is interesting to many people. I will also spend a little time checking on Relax At Home. Getting late, have a good evening.
Hi Blogger, I am enjoying some idle time and looking to see what Relax At Home will bring up. The Boss is certainly interesting and informative. Relax At Home is a good word to bring into the conversation. Great post. Enjoy your day!
Hi Blogger, I am enjoying some idle time and looking to see what Relax At Home will bring up. The Boss is certainly interesting and informative. Relax At Home is a good word to bring into the conversation. Great post. Enjoy your day!
Hi Blogger, it’s late in the evening, quiet and peaceful. This is good computer time for me. I thought I would check on People Helping People and see what came up. The Boss is something that is interesting to many people. I will also spend a little time checking on People Helping People. Getting late, have a good evening.
The Boss was what caught my attention. I was just out browsing around today looking for information on , and happened accross your blog. Although it's not completely related to , it certainly made me stop and ponder. Thanks for the great read Blogger...I'll be back.
Hi Blogger, I am enjoying some idle time and looking to see what Relax At Home will bring up. The Boss is certainly interesting and informative. Relax At Home is a good word to bring into the conversation. Great post. Enjoy your day!
Hi Blogger, I am cruising the blogs looking for any information on Help People and landed here. Although The Boss is interesting and got my attention, I will add this knowledge to my storehouse of information. I never know where Help People will take me. Have a great day!
Hi Blogger, I am cruising the blogs looking for any information on Help People and landed here. Although The Boss is interesting and got my attention, I will add this knowledge to my storehouse of information. I never know where Help People will take me. Have a great day!
Hi Blogger, I am cruising the blogs looking for any information on Relax At Home and landed here. Although The Boss is interesting and got my attention, I will add this knowledge to my storehouse of information. I never know where Relax At Home will take me. Have a great day!
Hi Blogger, I am enjoying some idle time and looking to see what Be Your Own Boss will bring up. The Boss is certainly interesting and informative. Be Your Own Boss is a good word to bring into the conversation. Great post. Enjoy your day!
Thank you for letting me post, I have came by in search of information. I was told that blogs have some of the best and most relevent information for any given subject. Mine happens to be a horse training equipment gift website that has anything from jewelry to horse tack. So I am looking for new products and information based on horse training equipment to offer my customers and possibly some good marketing ideas for my website.
I won't steal your content but just looking for good ideas.
Websites that I have and all the work involved in keeping several of them going and updating blogs I am at best posting once a month.
I have enjoyed your blog and am thankfull to be able to sort of pick your brain without actually bothering you. Blogs tend to stand out because a lot of them people don't try and sale so much as to write about things that they enjoy or what they like to do.
Most of which comes out in there writing.
I want to grow and build my website to be the best and know I have much to learn, and fix to even come close.
I have been online for less then a year now so yes we are very young.
We have taken what we love and have turned it into a business.
I hope you come by to visit. I am not trying to sale you anything but would love to here if you have any ideas.
Thank you for your time.
horse training equipment
Hi Blogger, taking a little time today to see what Relax at Home will send me to that is interesting. The Boss looks interesting and is a great read. Will also try Relax at Home in my e-travels. Have a super day!
Hi Blogger, it’s late in the evening, quiet and peaceful. This is good computer time for me. I thought I would check on Increase Cash Flow and see what came up. The Boss is something that is interesting to many people. I will also spend a little time checking on Increase Cash Flow. Getting late, have a good evening.
Os meus cumprimentos e parabéns
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home