Sunday, February 27, 2005

Meditating

Sort of the ultimate weirdo thing to do, isn't it? I mean, talk about an activity that you could be chastised for!

I just did it for the first time in a very long time. I sat on the floor. I eventually convinced the dog not to lick my face. Then I closed my eyes and took some deep breaths.

It lasted five minutes. Less time than it takes me to shave.

But wow. The feeling afterwards is totally different than the feeling before. It's sort of a strong, calm, realistic optimism. Good stuff.

2 Comments:

At 12:09 PM , Blogger Mondale said...

Sounds great but i have just one thought.
I'm guessing it takes you significantly longer to shave that it would take a 'normal' person. 'Fraid you walked right into that one!

 
At 4:49 PM , Blogger henryabbott said...

You're dead right. If I had a nickel for every minute I spent shaving the big ball of my noggin, I'd have, like, a dollar.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home